Experts encourage parents to talk to kids to stop bullying

Experts encourage parents to talk to kids to stop bullying

Experts encourage parents to talk to kids to stop bullying

The boy, identified by the Enquirer as Gabriel Taye, hanged himself in his bedroom two days after the January 24 assault.

According to The Cincinnati Enquirer, video surveillance of the assault (which was reviewed by a Cincinnati homicide detective) shows 8-year-old Gabriel Taye being knocked unconscious.

Carson Elementary School assistant principal Jeff McKenzie reportedly found Gabe unconscious in the bathroom and took him to the school nurse.

Branch said Gabe lost consciousness in the bathroom incident and a school official told Gabe's mom that her son fainted.

Then, while shaking Gabriel's hand, the boy appears to yank Gabriel to the ground, and to "celebrate and rejoice in his behavior" as Gabriel lies motionless on the ground, according to an email description of the video by the police detective reported by the Cincinnati Inquirer and obtained independently by The Washington Post.

Cincinnati Public Schools released the footage from Carson School on Friday.

Now his mother, through an attorney, is questioning whether his school handled the situation properly.

"My daughter cries every morning that she doesn't want to come to school", Emery said.

Jerry Brown has been lucky to have a strong economy
The proposal followed Attorney General Xavier Becerra's request for more money during a Senate budget hearing last week. Matching of locally generated funds for high-priority transportation projects.

"I just feel like enough is not being done, and I feel like stuff is being swept under the rug", Reynolds said. Now the boy's mother is trying to bring her child justice and school officials are scrambling to explain how this vicious attack went unreported until it was too late.

At the time of his death, school officials told Reynolds that there was no evidence of bullying at the school.

Taye took his own life while at his home on January 26, but his mother didn't become aware of the bullying incident until much later, CBS said.

Branch said the video shows a student slam him against a bathroom wall, but her client was told by the school only that her son had "fainted".

Reynolds is calling for justice for her only son and his heartbroken that no-one informed her he was being bullied. In fact, if his mother had been told that (Taye) was assaulted and was unconscious for over seven minutes on the bathroom floor, she would have taken him to the hospital and not let him return to Carson.

In a statement Friday to ABC News, Cincinnati Public Schools said, "Our hearts are broken by the loss of this child, and our thoughts are with his parents and extended family". In light of the Hamilton County Coroner's Office statement that they have reopened this death investigation, the Cincinnati Police Department does not believe it would be appropriate to comment at this time. The boy in the red and gray coat hits another boy in the stomach, "sending him to the floor in all fours".

"She's devastated that her son's second to last day was so painful for him and that she didn't know and that she couldn't protect him", said Branch.

Leader described the boy as a "happy-go-lucky kid" who had shown no signs of mental issues. Cincinnati lawyer Jennifer Branch, representing the boy's mother, fired back Thursday at that statement that the school nurse urged the mother to take the child to the hospital. In 2016, a DE girl died after a fight in her high school restroom. The school system responded then by saying there had been no reports of bullying at Carson between August and December 2016.

Related news