Nintendo does it again with Switch handheld console

Nintendo does it again with Switch handheld console

Nintendo does it again with Switch handheld console

The Grapevine, Texas-based company benefited from robust demand for the newly launched Nintendo Switch console in the first quarter ended April 29, helping offset a decline in sales of video games.

Sales of new software dipped by 8.2 percent in contrast to the uptick of new hardware, which increased 24.6 percent to $389.9 million.

"Our first quarter results reflect the power of our leadership position within the video game market and our ongoing diversification efforts", said CEO Paul Raines. The company reported a few weeks after launch that Switch was doing "phenomenal" in early sales, and could eclipse the Nintendo Wii's success.

"Whenever there's a launch of a highly-allocated product, like the Switch, it's hard for Nintendo to allocate at our fair market share", Bartel said. But GameStop posted a surprise 2.3 percent rise in sales at established stores, compared with analysts' average expectation of a 3.6 percent decline, according to research firm Consensus Metrix.

Sales at those stores jumped 21.5 percent in the latest quarter but only made up 10 percent of total revenue. GameStop predicts collectibles sales will grow by 30 percent to 40 percent this year and that the Nintendo Switch will continue to drive hardware growth through Q2.

Trump urges grads to draw lessons from his outsider status
Liberty University, a private institution in Lynchburg , Virginia , forbids openly gay students from attending. Falwell lumped "academia" in with a phalanx of forces that he said have unfairly sought to undermine Mr.

"We are all veterans of the Wii launch".

With GameStop doing so well in terms of hardware sales, the retailer's numbers for new software was down to 8.2 percent when compared to the same period from a year ago.

Nintendo shares shot up 5.47% to ¥33,510 in Tokyo on Friday, the highest close since January 2009, after analysts at Morgan Stanley MUFG raised their annual sales projections for the Switch console. GameStop attributed the loss to a strong released of Dark Souls 3, The Division and Street Fighter V in Q1 a year ago, with no real trio of games pulling the same type of numbers this quarter.

Gamestop has been on record praising the Switch before, saying that stores constantly sell through their stock faster than they can supply them. New hardware sales were led by the Nintendo Switch, the top-selling console each month in the US since its debut in March.

Related news