Fresh arrest in Manchester bombing raids, 12 in custody

A British minister said on Sunday that members of suicide bomber Salman Abedi's network could still be a large as thousands defied the terror threat to take part in an annual half marathon.

"The operation is still at full tilt", Home Secretary Amber Rudd said, adding that some suspects could remain at large.

Police say that 1,000 people are working on the investigation, trying to track down Abedi's accomplices and piece together his movements in the days before he detonated a bomb at an Ariana Grande concert.

"We have made significant progress in this fast moving and complex investigation, working with the national counter terrorism policing network and United Kingdom intelligence partners and securing the arrests of 11 people who remain in custody" Hopkins said.

Mark Rowley, head of Britain's counter-terrorism police, said on Friday that police had captured "a large part of the network" linked to the atrocity in which seven children aged under 18 were among the 22 dead.

Enlarged versions of CCTV images of 22-year-old Manchester attacker Salman Abedi tweeted by Greater Manchester Police on May 28, 2017. About 3,000 people from the total group are judged to pose a threat and are under investigation or active monitoring in 500 operations being run by police and intelligence services.

Dozens of IS fighters were killed in U.S. strikes in Syria on Friday, while masked gunmen killed at least 28 people in an attack on Coptic Christians in Egypt.

Police say they think Abedi assembled his bomb at a rented apartment in central Manchester that was raided by officers Wednesday.

'No cricket with Pakistan', says Indian Sports Minister
The Union Sports Minister believes the BCCI should speak with the government first before offering any proposal. It was earlier reported that the BCCI and PCB will meet at Dubai to sort out differences between the two boards.

Armed police were stationed among spectators at the Great Manchester Run as the latest large-scale event took place in the city in the wake of the terror attack.

Georgina Callander, 18, was killed in the blast shortly after her favourite artist Ariana Grande left the stage at the Manchester Arena on Monday.

Mr Rowley admitted there were still "gaps in our understanding" of 22-year-old Abedi's network and said it will "take a little more time" to close them.

Before kickoff, Prince William laid a wreath in memory of the victims alongside Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham.

Abedi was known to United Kingdom security services, but his risk to the public remained "subject to review", according to reports.

Despite the alert, police have urged people to go out and enjoy themselves over the three-day holiday weekend.

The murderer had been a former "subject of interest" to MI5, but Ms Rudd said: "The intelligence services are still collecting information about him and about the people around him".

Related news