Catalan attacks - Seven year old Julian Cadman confirmed dead

Catalan attacks - Seven year old Julian Cadman confirmed dead

Catalan attacks - Seven year old Julian Cadman confirmed dead

Andrew Cadman arrives in Barcelona to search for his seven-year-old son, Julian.

A 7 year old boy reported missing after the recent Barcelona terror attack has been confirmed dead by his family.

Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade said it was working in close co-operation with Spanish and United Kingdom officials, and declined to comment further.

"He was so energetic, amusing and cheeky, always bringing a smile to our faces", the family said.

Julian's family confirmed that he had been killed in a statement Sunday. "We are so blessed to have had him in our lives and will remember his smiles and hold his memory dear to our hearts", the family said.

They also thanked everyone who had helped in the search for their son, saying: 'Your kindness was incredible during a hard time'.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull suggested Australians take a moment to pray for the young boy, adding that his thoughts were with the family as they waited for answers.

In an appeal on Facebook, his grandfather Tony Cadman said: "My Grandson, Julian Alessandro Cadman is missing".

Julian had attended Chiddingstone Nursery, in Edenbridge, Kent, during his time living in the United Kingdom before he and his parents relocated to Australia.

"She and her son were in Barcelona to attend the wedding of a cousin from the Philippines when the incident happened", Philippine Foreign Ministry official Sarah Arriola said.

Missouri senator hopes Trump is assassinated
Maria Chappelle-Nadal said she was wrong for writing the post and didn't mean what she said, but she refused calls to resign. Claire McCaskill and the chairman of the Missouri Democratic Party - also are calling on Chapelle-Nadal to resign.

His mother, who is still in hospital, was injured during the Ramblas attack.

Julian was separated from his mother after a van was deliberately crashed into crowds of people on Las Ramblas. His death is a tragedy. "Our staff are doing whatever they can to help them, working with our Australian partners and the Spanish specialists".

There are no reports any Australians were caught up in two connected attacks in the Spanish towns of Cambrils and Alcanar, both south of Barcelona.

The post, shared more than 84,000 times, is just one of several examples of people desperately searching for loved ones or grieving following twin attacks in the northeastern region of Catalonia that have left Spain in shock.

"We don't have any specific information on this but it cannot be ruled out", Catalan police chief Josep Lluis Trapero told a news conference in Barcelona when asked if Abouyaaqoub could have crossed into France.

The emergency services have also confirmed on Twitter the identification using DNA testing, among the 14 who died in the double bomb attack in Barcelona and Cambrils, two other persons, of Italian nationality and of belgium, without giving further details.

She said: "My nephew Julian Cadman is missing".

An explosion occured at the house on Wednesday evening, the night before the Barcelona attack.

Border checks were reinforced in the immediate aftermath of the attacks.

Related news