NKorea lacks ability, intent to attack USA planes

NKorea lacks ability, intent to attack USA planes

NKorea lacks ability, intent to attack USA planes

Yonhap news agency suggested the reclusive North was in fact bolstering its defences by moving aircraft to its east coast and taking other measures after USA bombers flew close to the Korean peninsula at the weekend.

This picture taken on September 23 and released from North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on September 24 shows an anti-U.S. rally in Kim Il Sung Square in Pyongyang.

"This mission is a demonstration of USA resolve and a clear message that the president has many military options to defeat any threat", White said.

The unverified Yonhap report said the United States appeared to have disclosed the flight route of the bombers intentionally because North Korea seemed to be unaware.

"We are prepared to use the full range of military capabilities to defend the U.S. homeland and our allies", Ms White said.

The latest release of propaganda images came a few hours after the US flew B-1B Lancer bombers from the airbase in the USA island of Guam, along with F-15C Eagle fighter escorts from Japan, into worldwide airspace over waters east of North Korea in a show of force.

Speaking at a news conference in New York, North Korean foreign minister Ri Yong Ho on Monday said that the DPRK reserved the right to shoot down US bombers, even if they flew outside of the country's territory.

Charles Bradley Passes Away At 68
Bradley, known as the " Screaming Eagle of Soul " for his impassioned performances, famously found musical success late in life. The singer released his debut album " No Time For Dreaming " in 2011, and followed it up with 2013's " Victim Of Love ".

The sanctions were in response to North Korea's underground test this month of what was believed to be a hydrogen bomb and the nation's continued ballistic missile tests, several of which have involved missiles fired over northern Japan.

Ri's comments further escalated a the war of words instigated this week when Trump described North Korean leader Kim Jong Un as "Rocket Man" on "a suicide mission".

"The whole world should clearly remember it was the U.S. who first declared war on our country", he told reporters in NY on Monday, where he had been attending the annual United Nations General Assembly. "In case innocent lives of the USA are harmed because of this suicide attack, Trump will be held totally responsible".

Earlier this week Trump stoked up tensions with Kim Jong-un as he sent a US Navy carrier strike group steaming towards North Korea.

White House National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster defended Trump's rhetoric and said on Monday he agreed that the risk was that Kim might fail to realise the danger he and his country were facing.

Two days ago, an executive order allowing Washington to ramp up fresh sanctions against North Korea was signed by Trump with the latest measure banning foreign banks and businesses doing any trade with Pyongyang.

"Kim Jong Un of North Korea, who is obviously a madman who doesn't mind starving or killing his people, will be tested like never before!" the president tweeted. "It is necessary not to make Trump, a source of the world's worst misfortune, survive to run amok and not to make the US exist on this planet as it only inflicts untold suffering and misfortune upon the Korean nation and humankind". It also has a vast array of conventional artillery aimed at Seoul.

Related news