Dixon Police Chief: Officer Saved Lives

Dixon Police Chief: Officer Saved Lives

Dixon Police Chief: Officer Saved Lives

An armed IL school resource officer stopped a potential atrocity Wednesday morning when he shot a 19-year-old who brought a gun to the school.

In Maryland, a similar situation occurred when a school resource officer prevented a student from inflicting greater loss of life at Great Mills High School. During the pursuit, the suspect fired several shots at the officer but did not strike him. Sadly, schools and other gun-free zones are targets for insane people.

The shooting happened in the gym, where seniors, whose last day of school was Friday, were gathered for graduation practice, City Administrator Danny Langloss said. Howell says the officer is being placed on paid administrative leave at this time.

Howell, Jr., said the names of the suspect and the school resource officer are not being released yet. The officer confronted the suspect, who exited the school and began running westbound on Armory Drive.

United States offers to help rebuild N Korea economy if it denuclearises
However, the vast majority of them were impoverished fishermen, who North Korea found as useful foils for its propaganda machine. Rice University presidential historian Douglas Brinkley said Trump's diplomacy with North Korea is a "high-risk game".

Students at Dixon High School are safe after a shooting in the school around 8:00 this morning. There were no injuries to staff, students or members of the community. His injury was not considered life-threatening.

UPDATE: DIXON, Ill. (WIFR) - Dixon police expect to have a press conference at 11 a.m.in regards to the school shooting Wednesday morning. No one else was hurt. "His fearless actions saved a lot of lives", said Langloss, whose daughter was among the seniors in the gym. He believes the suspect acted alone and that there are not further threats to student safety.

Federal and state officials also responded to the scene in Dixon, about 100 miles west of Chicago.

Parents were being told to pick up their children at nearby Al Morrison Baseball Field, WQAD reported.

Related news