Reports Say First Two Boys Brought Out of Cave

Reports Say First Two Boys Brought Out of Cave

Reports Say First Two Boys Brought Out of Cave

The rescue operation is estimated to take 10 hours and end by 9 p.m. local time.

On Sunday, divers held the first four boys close to bring them out, and each had to wear an oxygen mask to enable normal breathing, authorities said.

They said the four boys already rescued are hungry but in good health in a hospital.

Four of the boys were safely rescued on Sunday after rescuers carried out a risky operation, amid fears the waters will rise again to a unsafe level.

The risky bid to rescue the boys - aged between 11 and 16 - got going again hours earlier on Monday after a break to replenish oxygen supplies and make other preparations deep inside the cave complex.

They will have to dive through narrow tunnels in dark, murky water, at some points stopping to remove the air tanks helping them to breathe because the tunnels are so small.

The operation to rescue the Thai football team trapped in a cave has begun this morning.

The rescue mission has been a huge operation, led by the Royal Thai Navy's SEAL unit, and supported by a cast of hundreds.

Rescue mission chief Narongsak Osottanakorn said it had resumed, with divers re-entering the cave at 11am local time (4pm NZT).

"I would like to inform the public at home and those who have been giving us support all along, after 16 days, today's the day we've been waiting for, we are seeing the Wild Boars in the flesh now".

Federer, Serena breeze through Wimbledon furnace
For Stephens, fresh from making the French Open final last month, it was her second successive first round loss at the tournament. Lopez marked the achievement by beating Federico Delbonis 6-3 6-4 6-2 to progress to round two at the All England Club .

Cave rescue experts have said they consider an underwater escape to be a last resort, especially with people untrained in diving.

"They [the first four] will be kept away from their parents for a while because we are concerned about infections", he said, before adding that doctors would decide on family visits and the boys would be kept "at a distance" or seen "through glass".

Emergency workers carry a stretcher with one of the rescued boy to be transported by ambulance to a hospital. "Not wise questions to ask", Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O-Cha told reporters in Bangkok on Monday morning when asked about the conditions of the four. Only four boys and their 25-year-old coach now remain inside.

Sunday, expert divers rescued four of the boys.

Thai policemen stand guard near a cave where 12 boys and their soccer coach have been trapped since June 23, in Mae Sai, Chiang Rai province, in northern Thailand Sunday, July 8, 2018.

On Sunday, Musk tweeted videos of his engineers testing a "kid-size submarine" underwater in Los Angeles - a submarine that apparently is now on its way to Thailand. They were accompanied by two divers throughout.

The group was found nine days later in a cramped chamber 2.5 miles inside the cave system by two British volunteer rescue divers. A former Thai navy SEAL passed out and died making the dive Friday.

None of the boys' identities have not yet been publicly revealed.

Millions of gallons of water have been removed from the caves in the last week in an attempt to make it passable for the rescuers and the trapped football team. But bursts of monsoon rain caused the water inside the cave to rise, leaving them trapped.

Related news