The Oscars ceremony will not have a celebrity host this year

The Oscars ceremony will not have a celebrity host this year

The Oscars ceremony will not have a celebrity host this year

Gala organizers who have been struggling to overcome a steady decline in viewership scrambled to find a replacement but finally settled for a ceremony with no emcee. ABC President of Entertainment Karey Burke, who took over for Channing Dungey in November, told journalists at the Television Critics Association winter press tour on Tuesday that the drama was initially intimidating but she's now looking forward to an exciting award show.

This year's Oscars will be held without an official host - for the first time in 30 years.

He said he did not want to be a distraction and that he was "sorry he had hurt people".

"Ah mahalo dude, I was their first choice to host this year, and my goal was to make it the most fun and entertaining Oscars ever".

"There wasn't messiness beyond the Kevin Hart situation".

"After that, it was pretty clear that we were going to stay the course", she explained.

Flood-hit Australians urged to watch out for crocodiles in 'unexpected places'
More than 1,100 people had been rescued from their homes on Sunday night and evacuation efforts were continuing Monday. On Sunday, the figure was between 400 and 500. "At some point the empty space behind the dam wall builds up", he said.

"Ironically, I have found that the lack of clarity around the Oscars has kept them in the conversion", she said. "Producers wisely made a decision to not to have a host and to go back to having the presenters and movies be the stars, and that be the best way to keep the show at a brisk three hours". As relayed by The Hollywood Reporter, she also confirmed that the goal is to keep the show to three hours, which is good news considering last year's event was nearly as long as Gone With The Wind.

In recent years, several other hosts have also come under criticism. "We have a phenomenal music show if we just wanted to put that on".

FILE PHOTO: Cast member Kevin Hart poses at the premiere for "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle" in Los Angeles, California, U.S., December 11, 2017.

Burke also lauded the movie academy's pledge to keep the ceremony to three hours, avoiding the overtime that can drain off viewers.

"I think we are going to see a big turnout for this because these are big popular movies that have been nominated", she said.

Related news