Tesla unveils Model Y SUV, expanding into popular segment

Tesla unveils Model Y SUV, expanding into popular segment

Tesla unveils Model Y SUV, expanding into popular segment

But Ford had a trademark - or something - on the letter E, Musk said, so his team convinced him that a 3 looks enough like a backwards E that everyone would get the joke. The autonomous driving software will also be available in the Model Y.

Really, this was Musk's thinking. "Model Y also connects with the Tesla Mobile app for unique, easy-to-access features like remote unlock, Summon, remote pre-conditioning, location tracking, Speed Limit Mode and much more", the company said in a statement on Friday. There was no "one more thing" - nothing incremental to get the Tesla bulls excited.

Tesla Model Y crossover SUV: Elon Musk's long-awaited, more affordable electric SUV has been revealed. In January, he said Tesla had ordered the tooling needed to build the vehicle. There's plenty of opportunity to conclude that demand is something you have to take day to day and we don't know what the coming months hold.

The Model Y has the same entry and control system that, as with the Model 3, requires no keys and is smartphone based, activating the vehicle when you're a few paces away and shutting it down and locking it as you leave.

Tesla's stock is undergoing more volatility as the carmaker's latest vehicle is revealed. Tesla Model Y, however, is an outstanding blend of a sports vehicle and an SUV which makes it a mid-size baby SUV. The crossover is ~76% the same as the Model 3 and the remaining ~24% probably wouldn't be a big challenge to integrate. A cheaper, shorter-range, version of the Model Y, at US$39,000 will be made available to customers in the spring of 2021.

The metric there is "Cd" or coefficient of drag. He also put all of Tesla's cars on stage.

'The Model Y underwhelmed us [Wall Street analysts],' said Osborne. It has now reneged and will keep its brick and mortar stores open, with the price of all its models except the Model 3 increasing by around 3 percent.

"The Model 3 is a purchase-only proposition, so the payments will be much, much higher compared to a lease on a comparably priced EV from a legacy automaker", Kim says.

Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr.'s career by the numbers
The New York Giants and Cleveland Browns completed a trade on Tuesday night that sent shockwaves throughout the NFL . OBJ's friendship with Landry put the Browns at the top of his list and the Giants obliged by sending him there.

Musk said ramping up production of the Model 3 and dealing with controversies ranging from a securities fraud case to a marijuana brouhaha made for a rough year.

Above the entry-level Model Y, which can not yet be ordered, Tesla offers the single-motor, rear-wheel-drive Long Range for $47,000 ($4,000 more than the equivalent Model 3).

Deliveries are expected to begin in the fall of 2020.

Model Y will deliver 0-60 miles per hour acceleration in as little as 3.5 seconds and a top speed of up to 150 mph-in the all-wheel drive Performance model.

The Tesla Model Y is basically a taller Model 3 with seating for seven. The Dual Motor AWD capable of 280 miles (450 km) and 4.8 seconds from 0 to 60 mph (96,56 km/h) will start at $51,000. It'll sticker for $52,200.

The Model Y crossover will be offered in four different flavors starting at $39,000.

Tesla Inc's Model Y electric sports utility vehicle is pictured in this undated handout photo released on March 14, 2019. It will sport a 120-mph top speed, 0-60 in 5.9 seconds and will offer a range of 230 miles.

Related news