Guilford County health department wins statewide award | Health
GREENSBORO — The Guilford County Division of General public Overall health has been named the 2021 North Carolina Community Wellness Association Dr. Sarah Taylor Morrow Health Division of the Year. This award is provided to well being departments who have shown remarkable and exemplary health initiatives and applications.
The wellness office was awarded the NCPHA Well being Division of the Year for its one of a kind potential to supply COVID-19 companies though at the same time addressing precedence well being challenges in Guilford County. Dr. Iulia Vann is director of the Guilford County overall health office.
“Receiving this award is a complete-circle and historic moment for the GCDPH — as the award is named in honor of Guilford County’s very 1st woman Public Health and fitness Director, Dr. Sarah T. Morrow,” Vann said in a news release.
“When Dr. Morrow, who nonetheless follows us pretty intently from her house in Wilmington, NC, discovered out that we received this award she said, ‘Well of class they did!’ This is these types of a distinctive second for us and it is truly an honor to proceed the wealthy legacy of monumental achievements in community overall health in Guilford County,” Vann claimed.
People today are also reading…
Some of the department’s perform recognized in the final decision consists of:
- Guilford County Previously Incarcerated Transition Method
- Treatment management for high possibility pregnancy
- Addressing the demands of local community customers with housing insecurity
- Collaborative opioid recognition and outreach attempts
- COVID-19 testing, agreement tracing, surveillance, vaccinations, mitigation and a nationally regarded interaction campaign.
Award winners acquire a prize of $1,000.